I. Who and What is Al-Anon?
The Al-Anon Family Groups are a fellowship of relatives and friends of alcoholics who share their experience, strength, and hope, in order to solve their common problems. We believe alcoholism is a family illness, and that changed attitudes can aid recovery.
Al-Anon is not allied with any sect, denomination, political entity, organization, or institution; does not engage in any controversy, neither endorses nor opposes any cause. There are no dues for membership. Al-Anon is self-supporting through its own voluntary contributions.
Al-Anon has but one purpose: to help families of alcoholics. We do this by practicing the Twelve Steps, by welcoming and giving comfort to families of alcoholics, and by giving understanding and encouragement to the alcoholic.
II. Where can I find Al-Anon meetings?
Al-Anon Family Groups, which includes Al-Anon, Al-Anon Adult Children and Alateen, has been in existence for over 50 years as a community resource providing support to those affected by someone else’s drinking. Al-Anon Family Groups have regular meetings in various towns and cities that can be found by clicking the links below.
- Minnesota North Area Al-Anon Family Group (AFG) Meetings.
- Minnesota South Area AFG Meetings.
- Greater Minneapolis & St Paul Area AFG Meetings.
- United States and Worldwide AFG Meetings.
III. How do I get Al-Anon recovery?
Meetings are a great place to start. Browse our list of current meetings to find one that works for you. We like to say try six different meetings before you decide if Al-Anon is right for you. Al-Anon Family Groups also host multiples activities and events, which can be both be found on the Calendar.
If you’d like even more information, please consider joining our website as an Al-Anon or Alateen community member. This will give you access to additional Minnesota North Area Assembly meetings and other Al-Anon Family Group program information. It’s easy to become a member. Just click here and follow the instructions. Here’s all the information that’s available to members:
- Get more information on recovery in the Recovery Tools.
- View MN North Area Assembly information by going to North Area Information.
- Select and print needed forms by going to Forms.
- Read the latest newsletter by going to Northern Triangle Newsletter.
- Browse images of wonders with words in the Word Gallery.
- Search creative ideas for carrying the message at Public Outreach.
- Consider more resources by going to Information Service Center.
- Seek Al-Anon or Alateen program information outside of the North Area by going to Links.
Please remember that you’re in the right place and you’re important to us! Every day that you commit to taking care of yourself, you make the world a better place. We’re glad you’re here. Keep coming back. It works if you work it!